Tennis for Juniors
Junior Coaching groups take place during school term time weekdays 4.00-7.00pm and Saturdays 9.00-3.30pm and Sunday 9.00-12.00pm.Lessons are an hour long and are organised by age and ability. To book follow the links:-
Parent & Toddler for 3 – 4 year olds; Click Here
Mini Red for 4 – 8 year olds ; Click Here
Mini Orange for 9 – 10 year olds; Click Here
Mini Green for 11 year olds; Click Here
Full ball for 12 years and above; Click Here
As children progress they will be offered a place in an appropriate group which may involve a change in day and time, where possible we try to accommodate people’s preferences.
During the summer holidays the Club run holiday camps for Juniors.
The Club hosts Junior Tournaments from first entry level (grade 6) to the Derbyshire Junior Open (grade 3).
JUNIOR COACHING SESSIONS
For information please Click Here
Parent and Toddler
- Enables tots to learn the basics and how to enjoy the game through a series of fun activities.
- Balance, co-ordination, agility, movement and racquet & ball skills
- Parents are on court with their child.
Tots and Mini Red
- For players aged 8 and under
- Played on small courts with short rackets & sponge balls.
- Like the real game and gives players opportunities to have long rallies and play different types of shots.
- Played across the width of a full size court.
- As players progress they are encouraged to play fun competitions in teams and as individuals, with short matches using tie-break scoring.
- For players 8-9 years old.
- A great way for players to continue their progress from Mini Red
- Played with short rackets, orange balls and courts are bigger and wider than the red stage but still smaller than full-size tennis courts allowing players to develop a rounded game whilst learning a range of techniques and tactics.
- The stage before playing on a full sized court and helps players develop different shots and tactics.
- For players 9-10 years old.
- The final stage before playing full tennis.
- Played on a full size tennis court with appropriate size racquets and green ball.
- Allows players to develop a rounded game whilst learning a range of techniques and tactics.
- For Players aged 11 +
- Played on a full size tennis court with the yellow ball,
- This is the last progression for your child after mini tennis
- Full ball sessions provide a fun and structured environment for your child to learn in.
- Learn technique, tactics and full ball scoring
- The Club has a number of full ball tennis groups
- Varying standards of player are accommodated in different levels.
- All Junior players are welcome to attend our Junior Night on Fridays
- Provides the opportunity to play tennis in a social atmosphere with other juniors of their age.
- The emphasis is on fun with games and matches.
- This is a stepping stone to encourage our junior members to play socially and competitively.
- 4.30-6pm – Mini Red and Orange players. £2.50 members. £5 non-members.
- 6 -7.30pm – #GirlzTennis. Our Full ball girls group.
- 6 -7.30pm – #BoyzTennis. Our Mini Green & Full ball boys group
If you are interested in individual coaching please contact Reception on 01246-238798
Junior Coaching Sessions at Chesterfield Lawn Tennis Club – For more information click here.